As well as performance and recording work, Finn is in high demand as an educator and workshop leader, having taught for:
- English Folk Dance & Song Society
- The Sidmouth Folk Festival
- London Folk Festival
- Centre for Young Musicians
Finn has also been involved in visiting education work at a range of establishments, many presented with his regular ensembles:
- English National Opera
- Saffron Centre for Young Musicians
- Peterborough Centre for Young Musicians
- East Anglian Traditional Music Trust
- Scottish Recorder Orchestra
- Cornwall Music Education Hub
- As well as numerous primary and secondary schools across London and southern England.
As Artistic Curator of the Young Folk Moot project at FolkEast, Finn is particularly involved and committed to the delivery of folk music provision for young people in Suffolk and East Anglia.
Finn regularly leads workshops at folk festivals and on courses for young people, on a variety of topics including:
- Recorder and whistle technique/ornamentation
- Creative group arrangements
- Beginner tin whistle
- Sourcing traditional material
- Stage presence / presentation
The Finn Collinson Band are also available for workshops at festivals and schools - with backgrounds in folk, acoustic, jazz and classical music these are unique, interactive insights into a diverse ensemble, featuring dynamic and experienced young educators.
Finn also teaches 1:1 lessons on recorder, specialising in both classical and folk. He has experience of teaching in schools and privately, in person and online via Zoom or similar. Finn's lessons are planned individually and angled towards the specific needs and interests of the student. Please contact Finn for further information regarding availability and rates.
Finn has a fully enhanced DBS certificate and has undertaken various safeguarding courses.