As well as performance and recording work, Finn has experience as an educator and workshop leader, having taught for:
- English Folk Dance & Song Society
- The Sidmouth Folk Festival
- London Folk Festival
- Centre for Young Musicians
Finn has also been involved in visiting education work at a range of establishments, many with ensembles from the Guildhall School as part of the outreach programme:
- Saffron Centre for Young Musicians
- Peterborough Centre for Young Musicians
- East Anglian Traditional Music Trust
- As well as numerous primary schools in London and beyond.
Finn has led workshops at folk festivals and on courses for young people, on a variety of topics including:
- Recorder and whistle technique/ornamentation
- Creative group arrangements
- Beginner tin whistle
- Sourcing traditional material
- Stage presence / presentation
The Finn Collinson Band are also available for workshops at festivals - with backgrounds in folk, acoustic, jazz and classical music these are unique insights into a diverse ensemble, featuring dynamic and experienced young educators.
Finn also teaches 1:1 lessons on recorder, both classical and folk. He has experience of teaching in schools and privately, in person and online via Skype or similar. Finn's lessons are planned individually and angled towards the specific needs and interests of the student. Please contact Finn for further information regarding availability and rates.